4/12/2010 – Apple iPad : Mix of both good and bad features
This blog focuses on providing information about a tablet computer developed by Apple Inc. called ‘iPad’.
The new iPad is a hybrid of Apple iPhone, Apple iTouch, and a full laptop notebook. It was announced officially by Apple on January 27, 2010 and was open to customers for the purchase from April 3, 2010.
Using the iPad touch screen, users can browse the internet, manage and store photos, watch movies, listen songs, access iTunes, download apps and games, play games, browse websites, watch YouTube videos and lot more. Safari, internet, mail, photos, videos, youtube, iTunes, AppStore, iBooks, maps, notes, calendar, contacts, and search are the key features of an iPad.
This new iPad has a height of 9.56 inches (242.8 mm), width of 7.47 inches (189.7 mm), depth of 0.5 inch (13.4 mm), and a screen size of 9.7 inches diagonal (1024×768 resolution). It weighs 1.5 pounds (.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model.
The Multi-Touch technology on iPod has been completely reengineered for the larger iPad surface, making it extremely precise and responsive. With its lithium-polymer battery iPad can be used for up to 10 hours while surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos, or listening to music. iPad will run almost 140,000 apps from the App Store.
- The Apple iPad device is a marvel of creativity, graceful and not very heavy and straightforward to carry. It looks great.
- It has the same great touch screen capabilities of the famous iphone and iPod Touch device and appears to be an excellent gadget to use.
- The Apple iPad tablet is brilliant for watching videos, television shows and pod casts and playing video games together with browsing the web.
- The Apple iPad is an amazing way to remain on the web when on the go, simple to line up and very speedy, and the diversity of drive sizes means there is one for everybody.
- The Apple iPad is fantastic for traveling and being on the web when relaxing thanks to the glorious user interface and the marvelous display.
- It offers an excellent new e-reader experience for publications and websites to be read upon.
- No multitasking. This means that if you open one application, you will be unable to do anything else. Listen to Pandora while writing a document or having Twitter app opened at the same time as the browser is only a dream now. This alone makes iPad less attractive.
- Such a big screen, and no camera.
- It runs the telephone OS instead of a complete OS, which constraints what you can do with the device.
- It does not run flash. This will definitely make viewing websites quite a bad experience and you may just forget about viewing any streaming videos.
- While it is fast, there are no USB ports along with there is no method of increasing the capacity. Plus, the larger capacities are incredibly costly.
- It does not seem to be all that great for doing any work on, which is what many of us would need out of it if taking it while traveling.
Price Information About iPad:
16 GB – $499 (with 3G – $629)
32 GB – $599 (with 3G – $729)
64 GB – $699 (with 3G – $829)
Apple’s iPad just entered the market and we still need to wait more to hear about the customers experience with this product. Apple might be thinking of adding new features and removing its current drawbacks in its next version of iPad.
Thanks for reading ~
Don’t forget to take the quiz on Blackboard.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.