Google Glass

September 23, 2012 at 10:09 pm Leave a comment

Hey guys! My name is Kate Andorka. I am in my last semester here at ISU. I started at ISU as a Math Ed major and switched to Information Systems (with a focus in System Development and Analysis) my junior year. If you told me 4 years ago I’d be graduating with a major in IT, I wouldn’t have believed you. I’ve always liked technology, but I was nothing more than a user. Programming was extremely foreign to me and I didn’t think I’d ever be able to do it. I took a required Java class and ended up loving it. This convinced me to change my major. I realized that coding was not what I imagined it to be. 90% of it focuses on the way you think and problem solve, while the other 10% is focused on learning and writing the language. I found that I already thought like a programmer; this is due to the fact that I’ve been immersed in technology for most of my life.

I’ve always loved gadgets, they are my favorite part of technology. Whether it was a new computer game, an iPod, a new phone, or a tablet; I was thrilled to sit down and play with my new gadget. Luckily, new gadgets are created all the time!

The newest gadget being created could change our world. While it is quite pricey (as all good things are), it is seriously cool. It is Google’s new project, called Project Glass. The idea is to have a smartphone literally on your face. Watch the video here to learn about Google Glass.

As with all new technology, there will be criticisms, but for right now all I can say is that I want a pair of Glass!!

If you’d like to see more, here is an incredible demo of Glass in action! (this video is not part of the quiz) 

Advertisements

Entry filed under: technology. Tags: .

PHP’s, Rubies, and Pythons…OH MY! – Breaking into the World of Programming. The Raspberry Pi… No It’s Not Edible

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


September 2012
S M T W T F S
« May   Oct »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  

%d bloggers like this: